5 Best Brunches in Dubai You Can't Miss
5 Best Brunches in Dubai You Can't Miss
Forget whatever picture you have in your mind when you hear the word "BRUNCH" because in Dubai, we do it different.
And by different I don't just mean a nicer setting and maybe a couple extra shrimp.
When I say different I mean, "What the F*&# happened yesterday, we went to brunch at noon and thats the last thing I remember." Exactly.
Brunching in Dubai is its own subset of the strong expat culture in this city, and the average expat knows all too well the ups and downs of a brunch weekend. The highs of around 1pm and the lowest lows of 5:30pm.
While you might thing every brunch in Dubai is an insane mess, you'll be glad to know there are plenty which offer the best food imaginable, fantastic drinks and everyone keeps their clothes on. We'll show you the best brunches in Dubai, from the wildest of the bunch to some secret gems you can't leave Dubai without exploring yourself.
1. CLAW - This brunch might not just to the top of the list off the top of your head, but if you do the CLAW brunch right, its pretty amazing. Of course the most important thing, as with any brunch, is making sure to have all your friends with you. CLAW have what they call "The Barn" and if you can reserve that for your group then you're set. A closed off room in the back, it comes complete with 6 large, high tables (beer pong anyone?) as well as darts, a juke box, video games and a big sliding door to keep all the madness locked inside.
The staff are not only helpful but seem to be having as much fun as your group, no matter how insane you get. (did one of our group kindly ask the staff if he could get naked at a certain point? Yes. What was their answer? Yes.) The even supplied us with party cups and ping pong balls as well as all the drinks we could handle.
The food? Not the most amazing dining of your life but its good ole fashion American pub grub complete with sliders, fries, nachos and chicken wings. Nothing to write home about, but thats not the point, this is a damn fun brunch.
- Prices start from AED229 for the "Beginner" the AED395 for the "Professional" depending how much your liver needs to be punished.
- Timings: from 12pm to 4pm
- Located in Souk Al Bahar, Dubai Mall
- 04 432 2300
2. Saffron - Considered by many expats as the best brunch in Dubai, its not just the fact that its located at the Atlantis The Palm hotel that makes this one great. The theme is South East Asian inspired and has every single thing you could imagine from curries to sushi to appetizers, deserts and every alcoholic drink you could imagine. If you've got some extra money in your pocket (let's be honest, you don't) or if you have friends in town (let's be honest, you don't) or just want to dress up and get wasted (let's be honest, thats exactly what you want) then the Saffron brunch is the one for you.
Think you don't need a Jaeger station? Think again. Prepare to dress nice and get messy.
- Location: Atlantis, The Palm, West Tower
- Timings: 12.30pm to 4pm, followed by the after party (during daylight, yes) at N'dulge upstairs!
- Priced all out at AED550 which includes EVERYTHING.
- 04 426 2626
3. Makan San - This brunch is brand spankin new and well worth the visit to check it out. Pepper Crab at the Grand Hyatt is one of our all time favorite restaurants, Dubai or otherwise, and the have made the brilliant decision to pair up with the amazing sushi restaurant next door and combine to make one hell of a brunch.
Yes, this is another Asian inspired brunch, but the more calm atmosphere allows you to have a bit more of a classy brunch while enjoying all the drinks you come to expect out of a good brunch. As much is inspired by Singaporean street food (which is to die for), the crab, duck, dumplings, sushi, and on and on and on will stop you in your steps.
The only problem here is pacing yourself. You're sure to find one dish you swear you'll eat non-stop, but then you'll find another and another and get stuffed quick. Relax, enjoy the beautiful atmosphere, try a bit of everything and enjoy one of the nicest brunches in Dubai.
The mixologists create some amazing themed cocktails and the Singapore Sling they offer is the best you'll have this year. Don't leave the Grand Hyatt is exploring a bit of the amazing lobby, the closest thing to a jungle you'll find in Dubai - it really is a world away from it all, which is one of our absolute favorite things about heading out for the afternoon or evening.
- Timings: 12.30pm to 4pm
- Priced at AED395, the only thing you'll regret is not having a room upstairs for the night.
- Grand Hyatt Sheikh Rashid Road, Bur Dubai, Near Wafi Center
- 04 317 1234
"From freshly barbecued wagyu burgers to delicious desserts, guests can savour a delectable array of options from the live cooking stations while enjoying live entertainment."
4. Maya - Located in JBR, Maya is a brilliant outdoor (if you're smart) Mexican inspired brunch with absolutely incredible food and some of the best beach views in Dubai. Located in Le Royal Meridien, Maya is surrounded by sprawling green grass, pools and sun chairs will leave you convinced you've escaped Dubai.
Make sure to go sometimes between November and March so the weather is nice enough to sit outside and enjoy it all. Best of all, your brunch pass gets you access to the amazing swimming pools until 7pm - nothing is better after a wild brunch than a swim in the pool - and yes, the pool has a swim up bar as well.
The service is a bit slow, but when you've got 20 drunk expats ordering drinks by the dozen, some servers get a bit overwhelmed. The food is endless, so ask for seconds of your favorites, they'll keep em coming and the dishes are quite incredible for a brunch.
While quite full of tourists as its located in JBR and inside such a popular beach resort, if you call ahead you can get a nice table away from it all - nothing worse than knowing you're party is offending a polite family from Canada all afternoon at the table next to you all day.
- Priced at AED500
- Timings: 1-4pm (with pool access until 7)
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa,Al Sufouh Rd JBR
- 04 316 5550
5. The Bubbly Friday Brunch - In what might be the crown jewel of brunches in Dubai, the Bubbly Friday Brunch at Al Qasr truly has it all. From freshly barbecued wagyu burgers to delicious desserts, guests can savour a delectable array of options from the live cooking stations while enjoying live entertainment.
This is the most massive layout of food you will see in your entire life. Any cuisine you can imagine and beautifully laid out from a combination from three amazing and award winning restaurants at Al Qasr, one of the most stunning hotels in all of Dubai.
Much like the Makan San brunch at the Grand Hyatt, take your time to explore the grounds and get lost in the Madinat Jumeirah, the closest thing you'll find to an authentic souk in Dubai, without all the haggling of the Gold and Spice souk in Diera.
Go during the holidays and experience the amazing winter festival, wait for the Dubai International Film Festival, or any of the other amazing events that are always taking place around Madinate Jumeirah. Again, quite the tourist hot spot, if you're in Dubai and want to truly experience the exravigance this city has to offer, the Bubbly Friday Brunch is not to miss.
- Priced from Dhs395 to Dhs795 (if you want the best champagne!)
- Madinat Jumeirah
- 04 366 8888